I'm back! Christmas vacation seemed to come and go in a whirlwind and will take me a while to get caught up in the blog world. Fun family photos should come soon.
Until then, here s the recipe for the yummy soft sugar cookies girls:
SOUR CREAM SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour (will be very sticky so you can add plenty while rolling out w/o making em dry)
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
Blend first 3 ingredients, then add eggs,vanilla, and sour cream. Pour in all your dry ingredients and then sample as someone should ALWAYS make sure it is tasting good. Dirty job but I recommend mom's taking on this daunting task.
From there flour your counter, roll out a ball (not too thin--I like em thick). Flour the cutters, eat the scraps and then repeat until all the dough is gone. With all the sampling that is required I double the batch. If you are going to make the mess you might as well do it up good.
Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes to start with. These are done BEFORE they are brown. They should feel pretty firm but still pale. I always say erring on the side of a little doughy is best. Try em and let me know what you think. I will pass the word on to my mom who is the originator of the recipe. Good luck!

2 comments:
I am definitely putting this in my favorite recipe box!
"Until then, here's the recipe for the yummy soft sugar cookies girls"
GIRLS?? Ummm . . . am I to assume that 1.) You think only "girls" read your blog? Or 2.) You assume only "girls" would want to or would be able to make cookies from scratch? Or rather, 3.) You just normally refer to your blog readers no matter the gender as "girls"? Or is this merely a reflection of a bias towards men making cookies brought upon by the conservative theological view held by some of male and female roles in the home and church?
Yes, real men hunt and kill the evening dinner. AND make cookies from scratch! *grin*
Post a Comment