You know you have a problem when...... the mail man brings you your mail to the door inside your box. Yes, apparently the whole box came off the post as the nice man tried to deliver our mail yesterday.
We did what any good red neck would do who doesn't want to work for long out in the cold ....... yep, you guessed it. We duct taped it for now. I am so proud to have joined the many who keep their houses together with such tape. So glad to be a part of your club Jean! I consider it an honor to be in such great company. Anyone else want to get honest and admit they are secretly a part of the elite? Come one, we are the "few," the proud, the taped!

6 comments:
My brother duct taped my dad's tux for prom instead of renting one that fit.
hmm... i'm guessing that might be illegal, as the box has potential to fall off and damage US property (aka, the mail truck or the mailman). i won't tell my dad! ;)
When I was little and still riding a tricycle (this is like 1968-69 I'm guessing) one of the handle bars literally broke off - sheered the metal right in two. My Dad, God rest his soul, took the remaining piece and I'm not sure how he did this - but he bent it so that it made a large L - stuck it down where the handlebars were, so it made a single "stick" that you could grab and turn the wheel . . . well kinda anyway. The bar wasn't totally tight, so of course, he put a whole bunch of duct tape all around it. I think my Mom found out several days later and demanded he buy me a new bike! I didn't argue of course. He maintained that the tricycle was "one of a kind" and "just like driving a space bike." Hmmm . . .
Back to present day - The hinge broke on our kitchen waste basket and now has one made entirely from duct tape. Fortunately the waste basket is also grey.
Back when we lived in our trailer (gosh, isn't that redneck enough??), one of the shelves in the fridge broke. Duct tape held it in place 'til we moved out a coupla years later.
we duct taped our mop this weekend even though we have a new one to replace it. A couple more weeks to keep it strong!
Love duct tape. It comes in many colors and patterns - you can buy camo duct tape! Tony said he will fix the window (the one with the broken the inside pane only - still don't know how that happened)in a month or two when it warms up. For now, I covered the pane with a piece of foam board, got frustrated looking at the duct taped cracks. JBoats
Post a Comment