Today happened to be one of those days where I had gotten dinner started before I went to work. I had a roast cooking all day that had been smothered in a concoction of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and french onion soup mix. Needless to say there was quite the aroma permeating the house by mid afternoon.
Isaac walks into the kitchen wondering what we were having for dinner. On the subject of dinner he asks me, "when are we going to have that toast with a ball of potatoes on it?" A little confused initially, I probed a little further to discover he was referencing a hot beef sandwich garnished with a scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy. Once I understood correctly he responded, "that would make my taste buds party."
This child loves food, especially "meal" food (as opposed to snack foods). Give him meat, potatoes, pasta, bread, corn or peas and he is very happy. I can't say that I blame him as he gravitates towards carbs or many varieties. Love them myself.
Anyone want to come over for a taste bud party?

4 comments:
I love that he calls it a party! That's hysterical! :)
I would!
z
Hilarious-I love that kid! I only wish I had eaters (well, kid eaters)that really appreciated a good meal:)
I would be happy to get the recipe for your taste bud party!
Post a Comment