Sunday, February 1, 2009

That's Isaac

For those of you who have seen Isaac lately you will have noticed that he is growing in leaps and bounds. Bigger for him has meant that physical exercise is not necessarily the activity he gravitates to when given free time, never really has been (unless it is playing in the snow which he loves).

Isaac had a basketball game yesterday. He also had had his first sleepover the night before and clearly had not gotten the kind of sleep he is used to. He is not usually quick on the court but he does give consistent effort as his height makes him very visible and one of the first people the other team looks to to shoot the ball. He was particularly sluggish this time. During the game he yawned off and on and the coach had to keep prompting him to play defense.

After the game Hannah was talking to Isaac, trying to "encourage" him in his efforts. Hannah told him he needed to run harder. His response, "Now you know Hannah, I always get that pain in my side when I run too much." Hannah, quick on her feet, replied, "now that is the reason you need to be running." I laughed quietly as I walked a few steps in front of them. Too funny.

2 comments:

Vitamin Z said...

Sounds like his old man.

z

Miss Mommy said...

Bless his heart...LOVE Hannah's response...