Thursday, December 18, 2008

Soap Story #2

So tonight at shower time the younger boys were finishing when I came in to hear a proclamation by the youngest Sterner "man" who was standing with towel in hand, covered in a rather large amount of bubbles. Aaron ever-so-proudly announces with great confidence, "The girls are going to like me!"

Rather than rebuking the interest in the female species I decided to see where this came from and where it was heading. You know, sometimes in life you need to create your own entertainment. That is exactly what I chose to do.

I pressed him further as to why that was. His response, "I used the 12 hour man soap and the girls (pronounced giwls) really like that." He obviously doesn't know exactly how long twelve hours is. I couldn't leave it there so I prodded further, "How do you know that?" Aaron responds, "Zach tells me that sometimes. And they are really going to like me because I used it two times!" Picture with that last exclamation a little jumping and that cheesy 6 yr/old grin that covers his entire face. Oh how I wished I had heard the conversation between Isaac and Aaron as they were discussing their strategy moments earlier. Kids are soooo funny and I am glad I have so many to keep me laughing.

Tomorrow, a kindergartner's perspective on my age..........

5 comments:

knielsen said...

I love it! At least he is actually using soap which is pretty good for a 6 yr old boy :). Your boys are very wise; girls really do like men who use soap!:) Can't wait to hear his perspective on age.

Shadley said...

i laughed so hard at that! hilarious. kim's right, at least they are using soap!

Miss Mommy said...

I can totally picture him jumping and saying that!

elly said...

cute! someday you can tell his future wife that he's had impeccable hygiene his whole life!

HoB said...

LOL... these are great. I can picture it quite well. :D