No tears for her when chopping onions. She was so proud of herself.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Onion Outsmarted
The other day Elizabeth offered to help me get dinner ready. When I told her I had onions that needed chopped up she ran off momentarily. When she came back she had donned her protective gear. May be funny looking but a genius idea if I do say so myself.

No tears for her when chopping onions. She was so proud of herself.
No tears for her when chopping onions. She was so proud of herself.

7 comments:
I can't believe you let her use a knife... she is going to be as good of a chopper as Emily since she is getting such an early start! :)
I've done that before!!!!
LOL I love it!
I have never once thought of doing that...genius!
Maria learned this trick from her Mexican "mom"--you cut off the top of the onion and put it on your head while you chop the rest of the onion... you won't tear up at all!
Genius girl!! Seriously, so nervous seeing the knife right over her fingers as she poses for the pic! You might as well be balancing on top of the rail at the same time and I'd be just as nervous!
BRILLIANT!!!
Kids are true inventors eh?
Post a Comment