This year is unique of course because after 13 years of having children under my roof I will now be in the house alone. Surreal to say the least. I met with a dear friend today and came home in time to meet the kids getting off the bus. This made the transition smoother. It is time to take advantage of the opportunity to start on a long list of neglected projects and seek the Lord's will with employment. For today, time to rejoice over many years of abundant blessings.
The look on Aaron's face matched the enthusiasm of this mama's heart when the kids came home. God so blessed me with this greeting!

7 comments:
Awww! I totally LOVE that picture of Aaron! I'm glad to hear he had a great day!
And you TOTALLY deserve some downtime! Hello?? You've worked your butt off for the last 13 years! I hope you get an abundance of projects done and find time to sneak in some napping too!
I also notice the house next door is still for sale. I tell ya... it's waiting for me....
wow, carrie! a pseudo-empty nest! if i was there i'd be filling your schedule with coffee dates and jogging dates!
the kids look great as always--hannah's hair is beautiful!
I have tears in my eyes... seriously. I can't believe the "little" boys are both in school! How I MISS y'all!!!!!!!
I got goose bumps when I saw that picture of Aaron. I am having a cray hard time with chloe being gone all day everyday. It seems like an eternity till she comes home. Left a message with hannah that I work tues and weds nights, but it is always subject to change(via the kids). So just drop it by whenever works for you and tell them it is for mindy(as im sure you will be gathering a lot more stuff with all this free time on you hands ha ha.
Oh Carrie... I can't imagine the feeling right now, but I am praising and praying for you right now as you enter this new season in life.
Oh, that will be me someday! Today I feel like it can't come soon enough...when it gets here I know I will wish time could reverse. Lily will start preschool this year, so I've got 6 hours a week of 'free time'. It's just a foreign concept!
You have all touched my heart in big ways. I have been in the shoes where this day seemed like it was so far away, almost unreachable. Now, here it is. I am moved to reflect and give much praise for all the years here at home. I am so blessed!
Post a Comment