This time was very unusual because unlike most days, they actually caught something. Not only did they catch a fish, but it was the proverbial "Big One." What was really cool is that within minutes, yes minutes, Zach had caught one of almost equal proportion and we got to watch him real it in. Two catfish!
Before it was all said and done, they managed to snag one more catfish, the same size as the second one (all within 15 minutes). This is when I decided to put the ban on any more fishing. I didn't want to completely empty our poor little pond and ruin anyone else's chance of catching something. Besides, Scott was home working on a 10 pg paper for seminary and didn't have time to keep rescuing me and the boys (none of us had the gumption to try to take these mean boys off the line). Before it was all said and done with my dear man helped fillet the game ( I will spare you those pictures) to send Zach's friend home with dinner.
For the boys, it was a GREAT day!
Now this is a big fish!
A closer look at Phillip's first catch. Mind you, Scott does not have small hands.
A hard fought struggle with this one. Love Aaron's interest and how he investigates the bloody guy from a safe location.
Now for the traditional pose so you can see how big Zach's fish was.

3 comments:
Wow! That's an impressive catch! Way to go!
Oh my.....catfish! I wouldn't have taken those things off the hook either! Scott is such a dude!
-Chris
I want to see these on News channel 9!
Where are your flashback Friday pictures? C'mon... home all day long mom... let's see some pictures from before there were blogs! :)
Post a Comment