Monday, February 22, 2010

My daughters and Emma

Still catching up. Here are the girls in their homemade Black Friday T-shirts. Unlike me, these girls were driven to conquer the sales on the day after Thanksgiving. The good mom that I am, I encourage them, complimented their creativity and.......dropped them off. I tried it once, stood in line for over 45 minutes to check out at Kohls, all to save 10-15 dollars. There is only once conclusion for me...
NOT worth it.

So I took my very excited girls, dropped them off armed with a mini lecture about safety, staying together, not setting your purse down (and how you should carry it) and armed with several cell phones.

Now before the girls embarked upon their bargain-shopping adventure one of them commented about how fun it would be if they "got noticed." Got noticed is exactly what they did. A local newspaper not only took notice through photography but even interviewed the girls. They LOVED IT! Not only this, but it was front page material. Granted it was their back side that made it, this did not disappoint them whatsoever.

They went, the made their mark, and actually came home with a few small bargains. All the while I got to stay at home. This is how I prefer. I have learned, I will just give them my list and send them off to push and shove and buy. You go girls!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go girls! The shirts look great! Can I get one? I wish I could have been there.

-Erika