Monday, November 9, 2009

Hannah Played Volleyball

I am still playing catch up from early fall. I didn't want to let any more time go by and not document Hannah's fall sport. This was the second year for organized volley ball for the girls. They are in the earlier stages of learning the game and have grown tremendously from last year. Very fun to watch!

As a disclaimer, we have not mastered "gym" photos yet so these photos are as good as they come for us. You will get the idea. I see a lot of gym time in our future so I better get it figured out soon!

Their coach really stressed "down and ready" position.


This may appear to be a look of disrespect but on the contrary it is Hannah soaking up info when they were falling behind. She is such a hard worker and a positive influence out there on the floor. Proud of that more than anything!








Still freaks me out every time I see the girls moving anywhere they please along the back of the court. That and the fact that a serve that touches the net and tumbles over is GOOD still catches me off guard. Finish that all off with the rule that a point is awarded every serve to whomever "wins" the volley.....we'll just say it is a very different game than I remember. I am convinced that this does NOT make me old but that there is not an area of life where change is not happening. So hard to keep up is the problem!

4 comments:

Shadley said...

Carrie, I totally am freaked out by all the new rules for VB too!!! I am so out of the loop!

codi said...

Makes me want to play again...ah, the glory days. Don't think I could get this body very high off the ground anymore:( Fun to see her in action. Love you all.

Miss Mommy said...

Love Hannah's face. :) I am 30, and that is a different game.

Andrea G. said...

They switched right after I got out of high school and I remember being so confused at my sister's games!

I think the pics are great! I am sure will be a great team captain one day!