You see I really enjoy having the kids all here. Yes it is crazy but I have always been drawn to controlled chaos. I love getting to be more involved with kids and their friends. I love teaching them the importance of contributing in the life of a big family. I am also energized by organization and this summer the kids have done a fabulous job becoming more disciplined to do their work, carry their load, and then get to enjoy the benefit of free time. I am so proud of you all!!!!
I can still fall into the pit of self-evaluation, realizing how much slid by the wayside, i.e. educational aspirations, teaching more cooking, etc. This is only productive as it serves to motivate change for next year. I am learning to take that and move on. The rest I chose to let fall into the category of much needed grace.
Today God granted me the wisdom to see that I should not long to have summer never end as that precious concept of time is reserved for eternity. Heaven alone is where we are not in a constant journey towards an end. Instead of wanting to make time stand still today I have vowed to make the most of each season. We are not given these children to merely hold, but to mold with eternal purpose, to enjoy, and to willingly release for God's purposes upon their lives.
Now, for pictures.
The kids may be getting older but getting a great shot of them all hasn't gotten any easier. Some of the blame is on the shoulders of those behind the camera while the rest is blamed upon wiggles and giggles of children. Frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Hannah was still in the process of getting ready because the jr. high has now moved IN TOWN! Yeah! This means the the younger children have to be up and ready much earlier than my two big kids in order to still catch a bus. Hannah and Zach are loving this. All of this is said to point out that Hannah still has her eyelash curler in her hands. That's my girl. She knows the value of a good tool.
Here is a picture of the two oldest (now that Hannah was all ready).
This one last shot has two purposes. The first is to point out how much Zach has grown over the last month. He does have shoes on but nevertheless there is a pretty stiff competition going on here for tallest kid in the house. The second thing I have to draw attention to is fashion. If you click on this photo and make it big you will notice the bleach stains on the front of her new shirt. No, I am not responsible for this mishap. Believe it or not IT IS INTENTIONAL. I have decided, rather than being appalled that this is cool, that I will look at this as freedom from future laundry blunders that have been known to occur. I am sure that a mother somewhere started this trend, just for us moms. This I love.

8 comments:
I would like to just comment that the eyelash curler is the BEST makeup tool.:)
First off, great reflections and good words.
Second, Hannah is knock-out. Love her hair.
Third, was the shirt purchased that way or was it doctored to look bleached? I feel OLD asking this. Sigh....
Fourth, great pic of all of them! Definitely a framer!!
Emily, I must agree. Love my eyelash curler (and so does Hannah)!
Trina, thanks for your kind words and yes the shirt WAS purchased that way. It was a stretch for me to think that was a wise use of money. Fashion is crazy. That is all I have to say about that. Thanks for visiting our blog via my precious friend, Emily!!!!!
They all look so cute!!! Loved hearing your thoughts/reflections-very wise words from a wonderful mom. Hope all of them have fabulous days today! Love to you all!
Thanks for the call to not pause time, but to willingly make the most of each season and realize we want to keep excelling forward with the hope of heaven!
I echo the sentiments on the eyelash curler and also on the Hannah as a knock-out comment! Is Scott ready? :) It is fun to see them all together and beaming to start school. We LOVE the Sterners!
I have had a great week and love your kids! I love watching Hannah skip down the hall - Zach not looking completely lost but cool. I wish I could say I would get to enjoy the others coming through my door, but I don't think a teaching change to Madison will be in my future.
I have had a great week and love your kids! I love watching Hannah skip down the hall - Zach not looking completely lost but cool. I wish I could say I would get to enjoy the others coming through my door, but I don't think a teaching change to Madison will be in my future.
Post a Comment