Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shimada Time

Our dear friends from Wisconsin came to stay two different times as they passed through on their way to Ames. We love getting to be their hotel! Here are the Shimada 3 and all but one of my 5. They had such fun adventures climbing around the little stream beside our house.




More climbing around.





Building a "dam."


Miss A and my Miss E. Such pretty girls.


I took several pictures of all the kids walking across on some rocks in there but no "fun" picture opportunities presented themselves.


Ta, Da! M loved getting to stand in the water in her sandles.


Do you see a smiling pattern from their last one?


At some point the children decided to abandon shoes. Aaron showing us the damage.


Chalk fun (not all chalk activities were approved by me).



Hannah and G running up the spillway. In the end, fun was had by all!

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Well, you are definitely catching up on posts! Well done, as they say here. As I type, my little Luke is giggling on the floor and I am so wishing you could enjoy him with me! (R is asleep shockingly)...
Anyway, I have tried calling again to no avail...so strange!

Carrie Sterner said...

I too wish I was there to enjoy, watch, soak up you and your kiddos. I love you dear friend!!!!!!! Miss you.