Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May Birthdays

Wow I feel like my life is spinning in so many different directions. There are days that I am unsure of whether or not I am coming or going (usually going, and going, and going). For the time being my head is above water so I thought I would blog for a bit and start getting caught up.

May brings with it two very special days. The birthday of Isaac, May 10th (8 yrs old) and Elizabeth, May 13th (10yrs old).

Isaac, in a word, is joy. Now I realize that may not be the most manly type of thing to say about your son but it is fitting. This guy is full of life, full of joy, full of optimism, and full of laughter. We seriously laugh at/with him all the time. His current toothless grin makes him all the more charming. Gotta love it. He is such a great blessing to this whole family. Isaac is a good student, a good reader, and great big brother, a boy who adores his older brother, and a big guy who is tender and very caring. If there is a baby or small child in the house he is right there giving them love and attention. It is so sweet. Someday he will for sure be a great husband and father just like his dad. Funny, just as I sit a pondering how God designed him, I find myself in full smile. Isaac lives up to the name God gave us to give to him. Isaac means "he laughs" and laugh he does.


Isaac then, about 2 months of age...


Isaac now.





Isaac's choice of cake, chocolate with chocolate frosting.



I have named Elizabeth "the first-born misplaced" in years past because she is a very "type A" person, much like a stereotypical firstborn high achiever. She is ultra organized, very detail oriented, and extremely responsible. I really think I could put her in charge of a small army and she would whip them into shape and keep them there. She also has a servant heat that humbles me. Elizabeth is a note-writer. If ever there is a problem to resolve or a triumph to document, there is Elizabeth sliding a note under the door, on the pillow or in some strategic location so I can find it promptly. The file is large and I love that. Just as determination floods her soul, love spills over in equal proportion. That is the perfect combination by God's design. It is the very thing that keeps her grounded in what she believes, who she believes in, and it is also what prevents her from easily falling prey to worldly pressures. The Lord has big plans for her, this I am sure.

Miss Elizabeth then, 1 wk old...


Elizabeth now. This girl has been coined "fashioniesta" because of her love to create outfits out of about anything. This then was a game she received that would let her practice those "skills."


A new ipod which brought great joy as she too loves to walk around the house in song.


Elizabeth's choice of cakes...an oreo cream cheese dirt cake.


Case in point, here she models a new black hat and the new white jacket thingy (that is how hip I am on the current trends and what you call them) that all went so nicely with her "converse" looking socks. Yes she does go out in public like this. I have come a long way! Major on the majors and minor on the minors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby pictures sure don't seem that long ago--has it really been 10 and 8 years?

Miss Mommy said...

I can't believe how old they are! Miss E's hair is precious! Love you all!!

codi said...

I loved seeing the baby pics of them, and what wonderful tributes you wrote for both of them. They are both so special! Looking forward to VBS with you soon:)

Brenda Rae said...

oh Carrie - a lot junior high girls dress like Elizabeth - She is soon entering the lovely middle school! She is precious.