Friday, May 29, 2009

May Track

I started to remember just how much I liked track when Hannah's track season was in full swing. I don't know which is worse, sitting in the stands in anticipation or standing on the track. Regardless, I loved watching her participate in her events. At this meet she ran the two mile relay. They were not necessarily in a great position here but when the group of girls running the race changes a lot, what can you expect. That is part of giving everyone opportunity in junior high, as it should be. Hannah also ran the open 800 at some meets. Loved that. I keep encouraging her that the longer the race the more time to beat people with a determined heart and mind. We'll see next year if she tries her hand at the mile. :) Doesn't matter, I just love watching her run!




Her dad does such a great job getting these amazing shots. Love the hair in motion.





Digging down deep.


Some post race encouragement from the Sterner women.


Aaron and Isaac get to entertain themselves often as we all follow the older kids around to their events. This day Aaron was having a great time trying to figure out how to manipulate a Transformer he found in Grandma's car.


Such concentration!


This day it was a treat from Grandpa that kept Isaac busy. Remember the totally unhealthy Fun Dips? They really should be banned but clearly kids love them as much as I did when I was a child. His sweet tooth is NOT his fault......it is Grandma Joys. ;)

Focused...


Getting closer...


Target achieved...


Savoring every tooth-rotting morsel.



At this track meet my mom and dad were in town so they got to watch. It was fun because Hannah got all her events in before the rain let loose. We are not quite sure what Papa was saying here but one thing is certain, my dad is in his element. He loves track...always has and always will. So glad they could be here for this meet.


Grandma, thrilled to get to watch Hannah compete.


Time for the discuss. She had her best throw at this meet which is great because it was their district meet. I believe she placed 3rd here. Just for the record Zach was at this track meet and did make it into some pictures. He is in these next three...see him? He is standing behind the fence with the gold Iowa hat and purple/blue shirt. More on Z-pup in a couple posts. I just have to figure out how to post what he's been up to. You'll have to wait and see!


Those long arms can certainly put it out there.






My mom has always loved to garden so she jumped at the chance to work with Elizabeth to get a couple tomato plants and onions in the bed Scott made for me last year. Elizabeth is almost always ready to jump into a project and help out. The boys tend to be near by but mostly to acquiesce any night crawlers slithering around. Maybe tomorrow I will recruit her help again and actually get the rest in!



1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

Great post! Hannah looks awesome- love the action shots. Joy looks fab, too! You ladies are just beautiful!