Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Zach Plays Football

Seventh grade is the first "real" opportunity to play tackle football in school. Zach tried it out this year and really took a liking to it. Let's see, in his words, "it's so fun to wear pads and just hit people." We were so proud of his hard work!

Here is Zach in motion, number 62.


Here he is right in the center of the picture, wearing a long sleeved black shirt under his jersey, getting his guy.





Can you tell they played on real grass/mud?





Here's one guy who needs a shower and a run through the stain cycle. That reminds me, those muddy shoes are still sitting in the garage by the back door. Someone should really get on that.

3 comments:

Shadley said...

This is so funny that you posted this today! This morning I woke up with this fear...What is Esias wants to play football? My BABY!!! So funny. I know I will let him, it just seems so scary to send your baby off into that sport!

codi said...

Zach looks so cute (oh, he would probably prefer tough as the descriptor!) in his uniform. What fun. Nile and I are already having differing opinions cuz I want the boys to play football and Nile wants them to do cross country:) Gabe...maybe CC is better for his body type...Seth, his body is just made for FB! BTW,loved Hannah's creativity, though I forgot to comment on it on the post. Miss you guys!

knielsen said...

I agree with Codi, Zach looks "tough" in his uniform. He looks so old and so serious. I also thought the same exact thing: Taylor probably won't have much luck with football unless he wants to be a kicker :) Emery is a little thicker so who knows.
Can't wait to go to some Jr High football games! :)