Monday, June 22, 2009

Kids, kids, everywhere.

So Scott is busy studying like a mad man and I am holding down the fort with 3 extra kiddos. I am watching our good friends girls so they can combine some pleasure with business.... and we all know that time away like that is good marriage maintenance.

When my friend asked me if I could watch their girls for them I said yes with no hesitation. Really it is like having family around, so much so that we don't have to have tears while their mommy and daddy are away. This is a good thing for their heart and that of the mom who is far away.

The kids arrived Saturday afternoon and are here until Thursday. This is my way of chronicling things so that the parents can follow along with our day to day activities. I am already a little behind since this is Sunday's photos. Wonder why? :)



Here is the gang. Boy talk about difficult getting everyone to look in the right direction, especially when there is water around. It has been so hot here that water is going to be part of our daily activities.



Yes, even the big kids were game to try the kiddie slide. It was hot and they were desperate.


What is a water day without water soaker guns. Gotta like Zach's idea of head protection. These 3 girls love Star Wars so it was a hit.


Sibling love.


Tired softball player taking a break.



Water balloons had to be incorporated. The girls were in charge of filling and tying them for the younger kids.


Our oldest with their youngest,


Practicing the flutter kick for Miss Carrie.


Miss Elizabeth taking her turn seeing how long she could stay under the freezing cold water. She was "slightly" competitive.


Aaron is not competitive but he is a boy and was mostly oblivious to the cold.


Completely unaffected by the cold was Mr. Isaac.


Coming up for air here. Needed to have a shot of everyone. :)



To end the day we spent a good chunk of the evening in the basement under a tornado watch. We evaded the storms and any potential tears once again. After all 8 kids were fast asleep I got the laundry done, house semi-tidied, and was eager for slumber........ only to find that the "someone" who got to sleep with me had had an accident. I washed the child, washed the mattress (because my bed is THE ONLY bed without a water proof mattress) and curled up for a short night. Full day #1 done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! :D

knielsen said...

I'm so impressed and will be praying for you this week! I got a laugh of your strategic placement behind Zach in the first picture :). Your kids are getting so big (and the girls so beautiful). Can't wait to spend next summer with you guys with lots of water fun and exploring Madison!

Miss Mommy said...

I am also impressed. :) Such a full-service babysitter!

Miss Mommy said...

Okay- I went back to look at the "strategic placement" and I had just assumed that was Hannah! You 2 really look alike!

Carrie Sterner said...

That is me (Hannah) behind Zach in the first picture you all are assuming was my mom and jsyk I'm slouching in the picture i am significantly taller then Zach. Just had to get that straight. :)
-Hannah

knielsen said...

Oh my goodness Hannah, you look a lot like your mom! I did think it was just your mom's way of guarding herself from getting a picture taken in her swimsuit! Very funny.

Brenda Rae said...

first off I am going to ignor the Madison comment because I am in denial.

I think that I am going to sneak 2 more in there - you would never know! Looks like so much fun at the Sterner house - too bad Scott is missing this!