I thought I would start posting some pictures of the process. It is slow going at times because of all the steps required. Scott has worked so hard in his spare time to get us this far. We are half done and have intentions to finish the job over Thanksgiving weekend. I am giddy with excitement at the idea of clean floors!!
Securing the underlayment.
Mudding the seams.
I was in charge of the painting while Scott worked on the floor. It is a bit precarious because of the stairwell but I managed to get it all done without incident. Honestly, I love the challenge.
These photos are for you Emily.
Getting the upper portion. The kids were jealous and eager to help.
No way. The fun was all mine.
I had a great assistant. You can see the underlayment in the hall before the tile starting going down. At least I finally feel much taller than Hannah again. :)
Time for the tile.
We had to do this all in stages since we still have to live in the house and somehow reach the bathrooms. Scott did two rows down the hall first so we'd have 13 inches to maneuver to the back. He also built a bridge to get over into the boys room. The kids thought that was pretty cool.
Front half finished!!!

3 comments:
WhooHOOO!! It looks great!! I know you've been anticipating getting this done for a VERY long time and I'm so excited that it's finally happening! :D Now I need to come visit and see it myself. :)
Good to know we are not the only one with never ending house projects! I am so amazed that you loved the challenge! Painting is so hard for me to get excited about! It looks SO great!
Wow!! That does look great!!!!!!! You make me sooo dadgum NERVOUS on all those precarious spots!!!
Post a Comment