Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Isaac Funny

Isaac tends to be our kid who, without trying, says things that make us laugh. He is not a joker or even one who wants to be the center of attention. It is just his personality shining through. The things that crack us up are simply little random thoughts he expresses or the big words he surprises us with.

This week there was a conversation going on about what everyone wanted to be when they grew up. Isaac spoke up and announced, very seriously might I add, that he was going to be a farmer. I said something like, "really, tell me more." His reply was that he was going to be a farmer so he could have chickens because they are so much fun! He went on to explain that he was going to have 21 chickens and 3 roosters. A little curious as to why 3 roosters I probed a bit further. His response to this question was this, "Well the first rooster will wake me up and I need another one in case the first one wakes me up at the wrong time." When pushed about the reason for a 3rd, he paused and said, "I guess I really don't need the third one. Two roosters are all I need." At least he is still oblivious to the procreative benefit of the male chicken. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So he isn't interested in egg production - but wants a reliable alarm clock with a backup. Huh. I hate to tell him some roosters crow all day - like the one south of us that lives with the peacock who makes other-worldly sounds. It goes on all day. Jboats