Part of every Thanksgiving meal, maybe the favorite part for the children, is the making and consuming of the beloved "pickle wraps." There may be some official name for them but this has been the label given by the kids. They certainly can't compete with Uncle Craig's in the astetic category but still, just as tasty.

After the meal we read the Word, do devotions, have some time of singing (accompanied by Scott on piano and this year, Zach on trombone), and then we have the cup building contest. Every year there are some new twists and turns. This year we were each given one item we had to build around and then we were left to our own creativity.
Grandma Gwen working away. She was part of my team as was Elizabeth who was on a quest for one special item. Explanation to follow...

Scott and the two younger boys working away.

Grandpa Carl was partner to Zach.

Zach starts a lower level.

Hannah and Kristen were full of ideas.

THE FINISHED PRODUCTS
The item to be centered around was a pair of underwear (owner to be left unnamed). I believe it was hidden in a ball somewhere more private.

Kristen and Hannah were given some squeaky Veggie Tales toys. From there they included shoes as their theme.

My team, Elizabeth, myself, and Grandma. We drew a bag containing toilet paper. We took that and ran with it as we incorporated "the throne" theme. It was fully loaded with TP holder, toilet bowl with Mt Dew in it to pose as "waste," and not to be left out, a "flusher."

Finally, here are the rest of the Sterner boys. They had a snow man as their centerpiece. They added matchbox cars and a satellite for Sponge Bob to watch TV (that was who was on many of the cups).

Later, my two older men wanted to see if they could build to the ceiling and that is just what they did. Scott finished the final touches as the ladder was too unsteady. There were no avalanches in the process and stood the test of time. A job well done.

7 comments:
Yours was my favorite! I was impressed with the to the ceiling tactic, too, tho. You guys have some really fun traditions- I am so excited to start that kind of stuff as a family as the kids get older. LOVED talking to you!!!
Looks like you had lots of fun! :D
I LOVE Aaron's puffed out stuffed cheeks in the first one! :D
Come here next year and we'll go Black Friday shopping too! :D
that looks like so much fun! i would probably end up sneezing or something and ruining the whole thing. ;-)
happy (late) thanksgiving!
We missed you guys!! But will be back next year, God willing. Love the towers, so creative. I will have to remember those again for Cole and Miss A at Christmas. BTW, the floor looks great! JBoats
Yay! What fun. That was such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for having me over to your house. I loved every minute of it. You guys are great, and it was fun to be with my family away from home.
hummm haven't looked for awhile. I asked in advisory about favorite foods and both Hannah and Zach said pickle wraps! Man Wish I could have been there!
hummm haven't looked for awhile. I asked in advisory about favorite foods and both Hannah and Zach said pickle wraps! Man Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment