Sunday, April 6, 2008

Trip to Wisconsin

This week we traveled to Wisconsin to see our dear friends the Shimadas. We went for a little bit of business and a lot of fun. With 8 kids, 4 adults and 2 big dogs there is never a dull moment! As always we came away with sweet memories, lots of laughs, and a bunch of new pictures. There are too many to put in one post so I will divide it in two. The highlight for Scott, Zach, and Isaac was a ride with Mr. Shimada in the Cessna airplane he pilots. Those pictures will come soon, so cool!


On our trek we had to nourish our temples so we stopped at "The World's Largest Truck Stop." Now I don't know if this is completely true but because it house these two semi cabs and a third entire truck with no crowding what-so-ever, it just may be. Here are the kids posing on the first one.



Next we moved to the blue one. It was really cool because we also got to see the inside accommodations truckers may have. This one had tons of room and all the amenities one could need.



The girls living our their mother's first aspirations for an occupation. Yes, before I could drive, and longed for the day that I could, I thought being a truck driver would be the best job in the world because I could drive ALL DAY LONG. I could never do that now as I tend to want to sleep too much when I am behind the wheel too long. It is one story I told them long ago and they still remember.




Zach pretending to be run over by the semi.




Nearing the end of our drive, here is the view from the front of the van. You just can't see the black dog hiding in the rear. We arrived around 10:30 and notice only one child succumbed to the need for sleep. Notice, the three boys mesmerized by whatever video was playing. Boys will be boys and Hannah will always be ready for a shot in the limelight.




Just some fun candids. Here Zach and Miss G playing some tunes on their piano.



Elizabeth and their youngest girls horsing around on our air bed (no pun intended since A's room has a horse theme---very cute)




Miss A and Zach doing, well, not so sure.




My man, don't you love a man who will be so tender with your friend's kids. Miss M had many moments like this with him. On a couple of occasions I found just he and M up on his lap reading stories. Love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you guys came! The girls are already planning our next time together. :)

So far on the 'things to mail to you' list I have a hat, earrings, charger and duvet covers. :)

Miss Mommy said...

Love the pics- looks like Angela may get her wish with her oldest and Zach... ;) That's okay- my little one will get over her crush someday!

Scott Sterner said...

test again