Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Flyin' High

In the last post I explained that our friend George, in Wisconsin, is a pilot. Scott and the two oldest boys got to go on the ride of their life. I say that NOT because they were scared to death but because they had the time of their life! Here is their journey.

Here is the mode of transport.


Here, the boys are excited to get to be the two of eight kids to get to fly.


This is Mr. George explaining how they are to be completely quiet whenever he raises his hand. Look how serious their faces are!


These are the headsets they wore in order to communicate with one another during the flight.


I don't know about anyone else but the idea that George can manage this panel impresses me greatly! Way to go GS on being a licensed pilot.


Waiting for take off.


Flying over the our friend's neighborhood.


Lake Geneva, still mostly frozen. Brrr...


The view on the other side.


Here is a shot over Lake Michigan. If you click on this and make this picture bigger you can see the Chicago sky line in the upper right portion of the picture.


This facial expression came on the heels of George's announcement that their dad was now flying the plane.


The boys kissing the ground, grateful to still be alive. I don't know if that is because of their dad flying the plane or that their dad has a great sense of humor and staged the whole thing.


Still counting their blessings. Love Isaac's face.


This is basically a duplicate picture but they were both so funny I had to post them both.


What a great opportunity for the boys. Now the girls are asking when they get a turn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie,
It's Jenny Essington - we spoke on the phone yesterday!

Just wanted to let you know that my hubby flies that exact same type of plane (Cessna)...so if you and the girls want a chance to fly sometime just get in touch with me and I'm sure Craig would be more than happy to take them up...any excuse to fly makes him happy :)

It is so much fun to fly in those smaller planes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie,
It's Jenny Essington - we spoke on the phone yesterday!

Just wanted to let you know that my hubby flies that exact same type of plane (Cessna)...so if you and the girls want a chance to fly sometime just get in touch with me and I'm sure Craig would be more than happy to take them up...any excuse to fly makes him happy :)

It is so much fun to fly in those smaller planes!

Carrie Sterner said...

That is really cool Jenny. That is great that you have your personal chauffeur in the sky. That would make trips so much more tolerable. Thanks for the offer!

emily said...

oh my gosh, your kids are hilarious! kissing the ground when they got off...classic!!!

ratherbflyin said...

Oh trust me, those shots are all staged!!!!

Funny thing is when I took my girls flying, we have a picture of the same "kissing the ground" event.

Maybe I should open my eyes when we are landing......

George

Erica said...

Oh how fun. I think I would be way to scared to fly with GS. Seriously. Way scary.