Friday, September 4, 2009

Math Genius in the Making

Thanks to the inspiration of Mrs. Willis, Hannah’s math teacher at the CCA Middle School, she has recently blossomed into quite the math scholar. She loves mathematics so much that the minute she arrives home from volleyball practice she heads right to the study where she works to invent new solutions to some of today’s most difficult math challenges. Here you see her working out some calculus problems as a warm-up to an evening of quantum physics theorems.



J.K. Rowling can no longer satisfy this blossoming intellect as she now spends her evenings and free time reading math text books.



All we can say is thank you Mrs. Willis. Thanks for giving our daughter such an insatiable hunger for mathematics. A skill that will undoubtedly make her millions, giving us the ability to retire on the coast of Florida and live off the table scraps of her wealth and fame. Who ever said teachers can't change the entire family hadn't met Mrs. Willis.

5 comments:

Scott Sterner said...

For those of you wondering what this post is all about....

Yesterday Mrs. Willis, a friend of ours from Parkview and Hannah's math teacher, opened our family blog in Hannah's Math class on the class projection screen. She was having fun with Hannah and then told the class that they'd check back tomorrow (today) knowing that Carrie usually puts up a birthday post.

We thought it would be fun to give Mrs. Willis a little surprise when she opened the blog today in class.

Jenna said...

Hahah - I kept waiting for the punchline! :) I'm sure Mrs. Willis is wonderful, but no one could EVER make me enjoy math! :)

makenna25 said...

That is hilarious! I was reading it and thinking oh man, I HATE math!! Is this serious?? You guys are funny! Hannah, LOVE the thoughtful and enthralled faces!

Brenda Rae said...

oh I was told that the Calculus would be too hard for elem or MS teachers to understand - I do have a math degree from the same university that Scott attended - the greatest one in the state.

Love it. Next week we will be hopefully enjoying some great baby pictures of hannah. Did she mention that she forgot to do her math homework on Thursday?

Miss Mommy said...

I was so confused!!! It didn't sound like Hannah at all! That is hilarious!