Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting Caught Up

The summer has proven to be busy and with less free time than I had planned. We are however in a bit slower stage now so I am going to try to jump back into blogging, starting with June and updating with some photos to document what we have been up to.

Here are some photos about a week post flood when Scott stole us away to reunite his family. I must confess I am always reluctant to want to camp. For this "camper" it seems to be soooo much work and with so little cleanliness or sleep. Don't get me wrong, I love being outdoors, I love isolating our family, I love smores and such...I just don't love the no shower concept where you are sleeping in sweat and bug spray, the "firm" air mattress, worrying about children not staying covered up when it cooled off, and last but not least, the sleep deprivation that comes from hearing every single noise made by creatures, wind and the rain. All that being said, the kids had a great time, we all got to reconnect and fun memories were made.

This tent was one of two this size that housed the Sterner 8 (Amos included). It was one that Scott's family used when he was growing up. Still served us well. If only the walls were insulated, it had a shower, and possibly an air conditioner.


This is one of my favorite ways to photograph my family. I still stand back in humble awe that God has blessed me so!


Although these two girls are as different as night and day they maintain a very close relationship that prevails through sisterly strife. Love this pic.




Trying to get the boys all together was a bit more of a difficult endeavor. I wasn't even going to ask them to emulate the "touch one another love pose." I knew better because it would evolve into a masculine brawl of testosterone. Boys will be boys. I would have it no other way.


This concludes all camping for now. I vote for a hotel camp out next time.

3 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

I LOVE the pic of your family you took! We miss you!! (and you ARE blessed!)

Jenna said...

Looks like they had a great time, but I'm with you, Carrie. I like AC and plumbing, and I HATE bugs. I love nature, I just don't like touching it. :D

Tina Marie said...

What is it about taking pictures from behind that is so incredibly awesome?

And yes, I am 3 weeks behind in responding to this post.