Scott had taken a "normal" picture of all the children and copied it on the outside of their card. Inside they each drew a picture and then there was a copied photo with some uniquely strange look on each of the children's faces, accompanied by a quote appropriate to their character. They were very funny and I was once again delighted.
Aaron (with furrowed brow): "Thanks for making me eat my green beans so I can be strong and healthy."
Isaac (with big eyes and all teeth smiling): " Can we cuddle? Hug? Please, please? Come on, let's cuddle!"
Elizabeth (with a look of mild disgust): "Are you really going to wear that? Just kidding, you're the coolest and most beautiful mom ever. Just ask my friends."
Zach (with a look of horror): "Thanks for helping me with my homework. Though I'd rather be hung upside down by my toenails, you make it bearable."
Hannah (mouth wide open, hands on both sides of her face): "Thanks for teaching me what it means to be a real woman."
It all still makes me laugh because it really is a small glimpse into each of their characters.
The parade in......
Lined up, ready to present their cards......
The group photo once it was all done.
Being a mother is truly one of my greatest earthly honors. It is the most rewarding, humbling, exhausting, fulfilling, self-exposing, faith growing thing that God has ever given me. I am so very thrilled to bear the title mother. May God be ever conforming me to His image through this role for His glory.

4 comments:
YOU are a fantastic mother and I am blessed to know you and see how you mother your children. I love seeing their personalities...
I hope to some day be blessed with a family as wonderful as yours. You truly are an amazing mom and a woman of God. I've enjoyed getting to know you and your family more this year.
that's precious... you are an example to me in so many ways--how to be a "cool mom" and a woman of maturity and faith.
happy (late) mother's day!
miss you all...
that is so awesome! love it!
Post a Comment