This day the little boys and I were grocery shopping for the month at our local Fareway store. I wanted to be very purposeful on this trip to work on the boys manners while standing in line and checking out. I must say they did a fabulous job finding letters, reciting consonant sounds, and reading small words (from such respectable things like the Sun and Star magazines). Paying full attention to them and not the grocers we payed the bill and followed the nice man who always pushes our cart. Now Fareway is a chain we patronize because of their great service, great prices, and the fact that they are one of the few who sack and insist upon taking them to your car and unloading them.
While the gentleman is unloading the groceries I realize that Aaron no longer has the gum in his mouth that was there when we started our trip. When interrogated as to the whereabouts of the gum, the confession comes that he spit it out on the floor in the store. Here again, wanting to take every opportunity to teach the kids how to live as believers, I had to make sure Aaron understood his responsibility to pick it up so no one else suffered from his childish behavior. We march back into the store, find the gum, throw it away, lesson learned and off we go.
Still pleased about the trip we go home unload the groceries and interact with the big kids who are home from school. They start making their May baskets when I realize I can't find the just purchase popcorn...... or the pickles......or the pineapple.....and who knows what else. I make the call to Fareway and indeed I am missing "some" groceries, namely and whole second cart. I should have followed the fleeting hunch that there was not enough food in there to be all of it.
Back to Fareway 10 minutes north and groceries are retrieved. So where do these photos come into the story you might ask, well while venting on the way home to a fellow Fareway shopper Isaac decided to have some fun with yet another first of the month shopping trip when he found a Doodle Bear marker between the seat cushions. There was never giggling or anything to alert me of the activities behind me. It was not until I opened the door to the van to let the captive free that I realized what had been going on. I met with much art work and two huge smiles. When I asked Isaac why he did that he said because Aaron drew on him first (on the sole of his foot). Of course I could not resist asking Aaron why he didn't protest his brother using him as a drawing board. He replied, "because I drawed him and he drawed me." I should have known. Boys will be boys!
So proud of being a work of art.



They certainly make sure they covered most every visible surface.

The whole picture.

3 comments:
ROTFL! I LOVE it! I also love that I got to hear your reaction when you discovered this and I'm STILL LOL at that. :D
And...I miss Fareway. :(
So cute- what a toothy grin from Aaron!
mama em,
he is so shy with his smiles. :D
Post a Comment