This morning Isaac enters the kitchen with a bold statement for me, "Mom I don't trust you." Perplexed and a little shocked I pushed him to explain, wondering what I had done to destroy his trust in me.
His response was, "You know Mom, with the thing on my head. I haven't ever seen you take them out before so I don't trust you. I think we should have someone else do it."
Last night we had this conversation about me taking out his stitches when it was time. He doubted me, but I reassured him that, as a nurse, I was trained and capable of taking them out. He expressed his uncertainty then and for some reason it was still on his mind this morning. In spite of my attempts to sell myself as the qualified nurse I was, his reluctance carried over to this morning. I believe he wanted to see if I had changed my mind on the subject and if I hadn't he was going to protest yet one more time.
I reassured him once again that I knew what I was doing and that this was nonnegotiable. I will not pay someone else to take three measly stitches out. I am woman hear me roar!

3 comments:
Want me to come take 'em out? You pin him down and I'll snip and yank! :D
remember when you took my stiches out?!? i don't think i got a free beanie baby:)
Carrie,
How fun to look at your website and read the funny commentary! But, I can't figure out when you have time to write all this stuff! Love ya.
Jeana
Post a Comment