Friday, September 12, 2008

A Current Flashback Friday

It is Flashback Friday but my trip is only one month in the past. I really wanted to post some of the fun pictures from our family trip to Adventureland in August. Our last experience here found us fighting rain all day long. This time we were blessed to have clear skies and mild 80's temps...much much better.

Scott had the camera most of the day so needless to say there is little coverage of him. Here is a glimpse into the fun we had.


Standing in line for the pirate ship ride. Scott stayed off this one as it seemed to predispose his stomach in the wrong direction last time.


Me and the children having a great time. This really does give your tummy quite the tickle.


The big kids enjoying the ferris wheel.


Can you tell that Aaron loved this one. His face is precious to me.


Hannah taking the ride to the other side of the park.


Scott, Hannah and Aaron getting ready to take the plunge.


Waiting for the younger kids to get off their ride.


Can't remember the name of this ride but what you need to know is that it turns you upside down. Scott was a trooper and rode this with the kids more than once. Aaron was too young so it was my job to document the bravery of everyone.


I love this photo. A closer look reveals the amount of determination Scott put forth in order to conquer the ride and keep his cookies. He succeeded!


Zach, me and Elizabeth ready for the space shot. This was Elizabeth's first time. No fear for her. She loved it. As for me, I could do without having my stomach in my throat but what you won't do for your kids.


Taking off.


The big, sudden drop.


Here is the mini version of the space shot for the younger kids. Notice Aaron's grin as he is the only young man on this ride full of girls. Is it the girls or the anticipation of the drop? We may never know. Regardless, he held that grin the entire time.

6 comments:

Andrea G. said...

I can't believe how much you and Hannah look alike? Do you ever get is that your sister? :)

We tried sticking up David's hair for the small kids space shot, but they wouldn't let him on :)

emily said...

Your face is CLASSIC on the space shot! hilarious. one question...does Adventureland still have the silly silo?!

Lianne said...

Don't even mention the silly silo. My stomach rolls just thinking about it. So, Mike and I went to an amusement park last year and had to take a break halfway through the day to overcome nausea ... will we be able to conquer this so that our kids don't think we're lame? Hmmm....

Carrie Sterner said...

Yes the silly silo still exists. I rode once and decided to watch the second time around (both Scott and I did).

Lianne, Scott's solution for making it through the day was Dramamine. The only problem is that he took two (thinking big guy and more the better) and instead he ended up wanting to sleep through the whole experience. Take is easy on the drugs is my word of advice.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Carrie you are so brave to do those rides with your kids. I dread the day we go to an amusement park. Just watching the boy's go on the rides will be bad enough for me. Good thing your brother loves those rides.

Brenda Rae said...

You take the greatest pictures! I must be getting old because I won't ride hardly any of those rides any more!